ENGLISH DRAMA FOR SCHOOLS

                              KING SOLOMON’S COURT                 

Other suggested titles
                TRUTH ALONE TRIUMPHS  (OR) SOLOMON THE  WISE KING
                    
                                                                   SCENE  -  I
FIRST  WOMEN :  LENA
“My son is suffering.  It is not possible to go home in this late night”
“Oh! An inn is there . We shall go there and  go home in the morning.”
(They go to the inn and start sleeping.)

(Another women moaning.) ( Holding her died son in her hand )
SECOND WOMEN  (MENA )
“Oh! God I my son is dead, how can I go home without my child.”
“There  seem to  be an inn. Let me take rest in the inn “
“We shall  decide in the morning.”

( The girl enters into the inn .Saw LENA  (the first women) is sleeping with  her child )  MENA (the second women) thought   of a plan.
MENA
Good idea!”  ( Clicking his thumbs)
“I am going to  take the child . Here after  he is my child.”
( The lady goes towards the first woman stealthily and took the first lady’s child )

When woke up the first lady shocked  at the child  has been stolen
FIRST WOMEN  ( LENA)
“Where is my child? , Where is my child ?”  (she screamed and goes here and there)
“Hey, What are doing with my child?”
“The child is mine”
“Give it to me”.

SECOND WOMEN 
MENA :“No, no, this is my child . I can’t  give it to you.”
LENA “-“You are telling  lie .“
MENA :-“No, no you  are lying”
LENA :-Are you going to give my child  or not?
MENA : -No, definitely not. This is mine.
LENA :-“Please”………………………………(begs)
MENA :-No……………………………..(shouts)


                                                           SCENE  - II

THE  COURTMEN ENTERS

( Speaking with them , “There seem to be a sound of two ladies” , “Come let us go inside the inn and see what is going on there?”)

First court man:- “Hei  , gentle ladies why are you  quarrelling?”
Second  Court man  : “What’s wrong with you ? What is going on here?”

First Lady ( LENA ) :  (crying )Sir, I am sleeping with my child . This lady stole my child.
Second lady (MENA ):  No, no , she is wrong. This is my child. I’ve never stolen .
First Court man :-  ( Putting his finger in his head and said ) “  Oh ! God a strange case” , (and consoles two women).
 “Don’t  quarrel “.
“Don’t quarrel”. Gentle ladies.
“Come  let us go to the  king Solomon.”
“He  will give you good judgment.”


                                                

                                                          SCENE - III
                        (KING SOLOMON'S COURT)

Moderator: “Everybody come to order”. “Court is in session now”.
“His Excellency, King Solomon is coming to the court………………..”
(Solomon enters into the court )
Good morning in the name of Lord Jesus !
( Gestures  all to sit down )
Solomon :  “What is the case today?”
Court men : “My Lord, Two Ladies are claiming for one child” This is the case today.
King Solomon : Oh ! Really strange.
                        “ I have seen one lady two sons”
                       “ But two ladies ,claiming for one son”. How is it possible?”
Mona  : -Your majesty!, “This child is mine?” Lena  is claiming for my child?”
Lena ( Shouting) :  “Your Majesty, what Mona says is wrong! “
“The living child is mine! “
“The dead child is hers!”
Mona: “No! The dead child is yours”.
“The living child is mine!”
“Take your hands off my baby!”
Mona: Oh, your majesty, know that this child is mine.
Lena: No! No! The child is mine!
King Solomon: “Will someone bring me a sword? NOW!……
( A sword is brought)
“Thank you.”
Now,   “Take the sword and divide the living child in two”. 
“Give half to Mona, and half to Lena.”
( A Man with sword nears the child to cut the child ).

Lena: “Oh, your majesty, NO! Please, give the living child to  Mona and do not kill him. Please, let him live. She can have him”.  ( Weeps )
Mona: Go ahead, my King. Let this child be neither hers nor mine.
“Divide it, and  We will be equal again!”
King Solomon: ( Orders)
Lower that sword! “
“Remove it from the court room! “
“Send the child with Lena, . Because Lena is the child’s mother.”
“Only the real mother would make any sacrifice,”
“She never put up with the pain of her own child”
Lena:- “ Thank you my Lord” . Long live your majesty!   




(For More Dramas for your requirements please mail me or call  9443978260) (India)          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO DEVELOP LANGUAGE SKILLS WITH PHOTOS

CHATTING MESSAGE